No one likes to think of their TV or projector purchase going wrong. But, on occasion they do, and when they do, it's a hassle. One that everyone could do without.
We believe our 6 Year TV & Projector Guarantee is the most comprehensive guarantee out there. There are no third party insurance agents involved and no complicated claim schemes.
We far and away exceed the minimum recommendations for retailers’ responsibilities outlined by the Which? Consumer Association. Don’t just take our word for it though, follow the link to read what they are and then read below to see what we do!
Under our 6 year guarantee we will always do our very best to remedy faulty product issues typically by either simply replacing parts at our cost or by issuing a gift voucher. This can then be used towards the cost of a new item.
Although as a retailer we are allowed to make a deduction towards wear and tear on a faulty product which is over 6 months old, we will actually give customers the full amount back up to 12 months if we can’t repair it. On irreparable faulty products over 12 months old, we will also take much smaller deduction from the original purchase price than is recommended (see our voucher usage scale)
EXTENDED TERMS & CONDITIONS OF A RICHER SOUNDS 6 YEAR TV & PROJECTOR GUARANTEE OR A RICHER SOUNDS 6th YEAR GUARANTEE EXTENSION
In the event of a failure of the product covered please follow this procedure:-
- Be sure you have checked your product fully by referring to the manufacturer's instruction booklet. Follow the instructions carefully to ensure the fault cannot be corrected by yourself. Failure to operate can often be due to simple circumstances such as the product not being switched on at the mains, being unplugged or a fuse blown in the plug. Also check that batteries (where appropriate) do not need replacing.
What is and isn’t covered under a television & projector extended guarantee?
- Home pick-up and delivery (TVs 39" and below and projectors are 'return to store').
- If the unit cannot be repaired we will offer credit vouchers taking into account age, condition and use as per the below scale (*titled usage scale).
- Issues such as pixel drop out, light bleed or screen uniformity will only be considered faults if outside manufacturers official tolerances
- Glasses supplied with your 3D TV will be covered for genuine faults or defects.
- Projector bulbs and/or laser optics will not be covered beyond the scope of the manufacturers' usual terms and shutdown procedures must have been followed according to the manufacturers' spec.
Richer Sounds agrees, subject to the following conditions and exceptions, to extend the guarantee for the product for the benefit of the named bearer within the duration of the extended guarantee which is valid in the UK only, the bearer will not be charged for repairs to, or replacement of, the extended guaranteed product(s) in the event of electrical or mechanical failure.
The Company’s liability and the settlement that is agreed to in vouchers is limited to, and shall not exceed, the current value of the item reflecting age, condition, specification and use/wear and tear.
Current value will be calculated taking into consideration the age, usage, condition and packaging of the product. If the item is in perfect condition with all packaging as new, having had reasonable use we suggest the value as follows:
During year One – full value
During year 2 – Original retail less 20%
During year 3 – Original retail less 30%
During year 4 – Original retail less 40%
During year 5 – Original retail less 50%
During year 6 - Original retail less 60%
This agreement does not cover
- Failures arising from or due to:
- The use of accessories that have not been approved by the manufacturer.
- The application of an incorrect or abnormal electrical supply or signal lead connection, defects in external wiring or in the electrical connection not forming part of the product covered.
- Negligent or wilful abuse or misuse of the product covered.
- Fire, flood, lightning, theft, explosion, or other causes external to the product covered.
- Scratching or denting or from the direct application of a tool.
- Accidental damage.
- Any damage caused by tearing, scratching, chewing or fouling by animals or insects.
- Failure to comply with the manufacturer’s guidelines for general care, maintenance and cleaning (such as the regular removal and cleaning of filters on projectors or avoiding aerosol cleaners on screens and lenses).
- Costs for which the manufacturer, supplier or any other person may be held responsible under the terms of any existing guarantee or warranty.
- The costs of:
- Repairs to exterior paintwork/finishes, external fuses or wires, aerials (other than those which are an internal part of the equipment), cosmetic items i.e. knobs, loss or damage to trim etc.
- Repairs to components subject to wear and tear (such as bulbs for projectors).
- Repairs to loudspeaker drive units when, in the opinion of the manufacturers, such damage has been caused by overdriving and/or clipping distortion.
- Repairs carried out by anyone other than Richer Sounds or its authorised repairers.
- Loss of use of the product covered or consequential loss of any nature.
- Costs incurred in respect of the removal or reinstallation of equipment.
- Loss or damage occasioned by happening through or in consequence of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, rebellion, revolution or civil commotion.
- Destruction or damage to or loss of any property whatsoever or any loss or expense whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from:
- lonising radiation, or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- Any radioactivity, toxic or explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- Screen burn caused by channel logos or other static images.
- Damage caused by tipping in transit.
- Loss, destruction or damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at supersonic speeds. This agreement does not affect your statutory rights.
- The cost of modifying any cupboards or storage units and work surface where the product is built in which have become obsolete upon provision to you of a replacement product.
- Individual applications or features on SMART products, and their continued operation are not covered by this guarantee, as manufacturers of the product or providers of the 'apps' reserve the right to update, modify or remove support entirely.
- All benefits under the agreement will cease if:
- If Richer Sounds have any reasonable grounds to believe that your claim is in any way dishonest or exaggerated, your claim and/or guarantee may become invalid and no refund of the cover, or any remaining terms of the cover will be offered.
- A fraudulent claim is made.
- The product covered is at any time used for the purposes other than exclusively private and domestic and installed on domestic premises. Commercial, professional or semi-professional use and use on commercial premises is specifically excluded.
- A cash settlement in lieu of repairs is made, or a faulty unit is exchanged for a different model.
- Settlement that is agreed in either cash or vouchers shall not exceed the current value of the screen or projector which is covered by the 6 Year TV & Projector Guarantee.
Current value will be calculated taking into consideration the usage, condition, age and packaging of the product. If the item is in perfect condition with all packaging as new, having had reasonable use we suggest the value as per our voucher usage scale.
- If the Company or its authorised repairer considers the product covered to be beyond economic repair, the Company may at its option replace the product or pay to the named person an agreed sum in lieu thereof, taking into consideration the usage and age of the product. The cost of replacing a part destroyed or damaged or no longer available shall not exceed the manufacturer’s last published price of the part.
- If the Company accepts there is a claim under this agreement, but there is a disagreement in respect of the amount to be paid then the matter will be referred to an Arbitrator appointed in accordance with current statutory provisions. The Arbitrator must make an award before there is any right of action against the Company.
- Guarantee applies in the UK only.